[rescue] SunTuner?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 16 10:56:28 CST 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:52:58AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:47:47AM -0500, Jeffrey J. Nonken wrote:
> > Thank God for Macrovision! Keeping the public safe from the ravages of
> > pirates on the high seas!
>
> Thank God for www.apexmodchip.com, $20, and a flat-blade screwdriver!
>
> arrr, matey!  Now I can watch DVDs from any region, and order british stuff
> from amazon.co.uk without having to wait for them to release it R1!

I keep meaning to mod my Apex.  I plan to make mine a dual boot machine
since so far the only RCE fix I've seen brakes the front panel display.
I can't believe how lame the main modders are.  They figure out how to
copy EEPROMS from one machine to another, but they can't figure out how
to use the ample manufactors documentation to simply combine the two ROM
images into one perfect one?

Anyway, I want to add a dual boot mod for R0 and R1, and I want to do
the PSU mods which are supposed to deliver better color fidelity and
sound.  Maybe while I'm at it a component video out, though I have no
way to use such a thing.

--
Joshua D. Boyd