[rescue] You want balls?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jan 15 13:38:40 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:32:20PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> nick at snowman.net wrote:
>
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2300772810&category=11223
> > Them's some balls!
>
> /me is drooling over them balls...
>
> I can't wait until those systems hit the used market at reasonable (meaning,
> I can afford them) prices.  I wonder how much of an improvment over MXI the
> VPRO graphics are...

It depends on what you are doing of course.  I'd imagine that V6 isn't
much better than MXI for simple tasks (like flat or gauroud shaded
polygons without textures), but the more complex the task, the better
the performance.  But I haven't been able to get my hands on such a
machine, so what do I know.

--
Joshua D. Boyd