[rescue] Re: Dumpster diving

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Wed Jan 15 09:42:19 CST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> > Ever considered a 9590 and Ultimedia kit?
>
> I've never had the chance to look over a Model 90.  I use to follow the
> comp.sys.ibm.hardware.ps2 news group, 90's didn't seem to get talked
> about so much.  When they did, I must have skipped those messages,
> consequently I don't know much about them.

The Model 90 is basically a Model 95 in a desktop chassis with the
correspondingly smaller number of slots and bays.  Because it's the same
hardware implementation as the 95, you can use the Model 95's Type-IV
Pentium 90 Processor Complex.  It's schweet.  Although I prefer the 95
myself, it takes up a lot more space.

> The ulitmedia option was basically a sound card, cd-rom, and a breakout
> pannel on the front right?

Yup.  There was also an option for video capture.

Peace...  Sridhar