[rescue] Kodak ColorEase PS and IRIX

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 14 13:34:12 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 02:28 PM, William Enestvedt wrote:
>> Most of them were shipped with an HP-IB interface...
>> but mine is one of the rare SCSI-interfaced ones.
>>
>    I worked at a Boston service bureau from 1993 to 1999 and the
> ColorEase was
> one of the nicer dye sub printers that we had. Now, a Scitex Iris
> printer may
> produce better output, but it's an inkjet -- and there's no beating
> the rich,
> continuous prints that the ColorEase cranked out.

   Yeah Kodak really has the whole continuous-tone thing down.  Mine is
a 203dpi device whose output is indistinguishable from a photograph.
My mom can tell the difference, but she was a photographer for many
years.  With only 203dpi!  This printer is on the list of things that
will go with me to my grave. :)

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols