[rescue] argh, what did I do? (Onyx)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 14 11:32:37 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:22:12AM -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Deskside Onyxen (?) can work on 110V no problem (as long as the circuit
> can support the 15Am that it may draw at startup). The Rack onyxen
> actually use 2 of the same powersupplies (they are literally the same
> both physically and powerwise) so you need 2x the voltage. I doubt that
> you could operate them in a 110V because I do not think there is any 110V
> circuit that provides over 20A in the US.

If it uses two of the same power supplies, couldn't you put them on two
different circuits.

I believe that 30A is available over a normal 110V line.  I seem to
recal seeing it in the circuit box of my house, and it didn't look like
the circuits that I knew were 220V.  Of course, you really should use
heavier wire and special outlets when running it.  I expect that one
could probably get much larger sizes installed as well.  But then ones
back to doing custom work which wasn't desired.

--
Joshua D. Boyd