[rescue] argh, what did I do? (Onyx)

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 14 09:40:05 CST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> If you turn it into a fridge, we will come and beat you.  Now that we
> have that out of the way, we can try to see how we can help you.
>
> One possibility would be a conversion to run off 110.  Not sure how easy
> it is to do on that machine, but it's power requirements aren't so
> extreme as to make it unrealistic.

Errr.. no! There is no way to run an SGI rack chassis out of a normal
outlet. Plus he is based in Europe (Holland I guess by the use of
voor/achter =) ), so if you even converted to 110V all that he would see
would be an expectacular set of sparcs and bolts of fine... with a nice
smell of burned electronics....

> > It booted up okay today, it's got 6.5.10 installed. It's the box only,
> > no monitor or anything. It has 4x 100MHz R4400's and two
> > InfiniteReality(?) boards, 1GB disk and 64MB memory.

>From the front skins that looks like a Reality Engine onyx.. but it could
have been upgraded