[rescue] SunTuner?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 14 09:06:37 CST 2003

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Yes, but did you hook it to the VCR by the PSX RF modulator?  I'm kinda
> hoping that making the VCR do the RF conversion back to composite will
> clean it up enough.  Otherwise, I think I shall try to find a cheap TBC
> or two on ebay.  Another possibility would be to buy a composite to VGA
> adapter advertised for working with the PSX.

I tried both ways, RF and composite.  Both ways it sucked.  I really don't
want "yet another doohicky" on my desk, but if all else fails, that's what
I'll be using...

> I expect that for a while the only TV set I'll have is whatever will
> come through a Mac displayed on a 17" monitor.  At least until I can get
> a projector.  $fiance is sold on not having a TV, and if we should get
> on, getting rid of it when kids come.

Why, that doesn't sound fun at all.  How are the kids going to watch Sesame
Street (and Plaza Sesamo, which is far more than just the Spanish verison of
Sesame Street).  Some TV is good, if used judiciously, and it can help in
getting kids an early start on education.  Non-stop TV is bad, and of
course, that's what happens in most households.

I've had a long standing rule, no TV during meal-time.  It's a holdover from
my youth, some might think it's rather draconian, but eh...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com