[rescue] SunTuner?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Jan 14 08:27:13 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:50:01AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Even when I hooked it through the VCR, the signal got all sorts of
> distorted.  It would fade in and out, was very dark, and sometimes didn't
> display anything.  The only way I'm ever able to display that thing iis to
> pump it directly to the TV, either through the RCA inputs or to a Radio
> Shack convertor box to VHF input on the TV.

Yes, but did you hook it to the VCR by the PSX RF modulator?  I'm kinda
hoping that making the VCR do the RF conversion back to composite will
clean it up enough.  Otherwise, I think I shall try to find a cheap TBC
or two on ebay.  Another possibility would be to buy a composite to VGA
adapter advertised for working with the PSX.

> I would sorely love to hook up the playstation to one of my video-in capable
> systems.  I'm expecting a GeForce 4 ti4200 with VIVO, and when I get that
> systems setup, I'll find out wether or not it will take the signal either.

I expect that for a while the only TV set I'll have is whatever will
come through a Mac displayed on a 17" monitor.  At least until I can get
a projector.  $fiance is sold on not having a TV, and if we should get
on, getting rid of it when kids come.

--
Joshua D. Boyd