[rescue] SunTuner?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 14 07:50:01 CST 2003

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Yeah, it would be a lot cooler than keeping a VCR with a broken tape
> transport on hand, which is what I have an hand for my 840av (could use
> it for cable, will use it for SNES and Genesis, and I'm wondering if it
> would work better with PSX.  I bought a PSX->svideo adapter, and all I
> could see was a black and white signal on the mac screen).

The PSX, I think, plays fast and loose with the timing standards.  Most TVs
are dumb enough to simply  accept the signal, but most video capture boards
can't display it correctly.  My O2, Indy, and Mac 8500AV never could
properly display the signal.

Even when I hooked it through the VCR, the signal got all sorts of
distorted.  It would fade in and out, was very dark, and sometimes didn't
display anything.  The only way I'm ever able to display that thing iis to
pump it directly to the TV, either through the RCA inputs or to a Radio
Shack convertor box to VHF input on the TV.

I would sorely love to hook up the playstation to one of my video-in capable
systems.  I'm expecting a GeForce 4 ti4200 with VIVO, and when I get that
systems setup, I'll find out wether or not it will take the signal either.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com