[rescue] The onyx godness

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Jan 13 11:40:04 CST 2003

On Monday, Jan 13, 2003, at 11:55 US/Eastern, Jeffrey J.Nonken wrote:

> But the derision with which my initial enthusiasm was greeted has
> pretty much
> turned me off to the project.

Bleh. Ignore these grumps. They're a font of knowledge, but don't
expect social skills. This is just the poo-flinging inherent in every
monkey group.

> Why? It seems like a lot of effort with little return. I've had the
> things
> for four months and I can't even turn one of them into a
> firewall/router.

What have you got? I've missed a lot of mail the last few months.

> software that came with it. I don't really have much use for an SS20,

Sure you do. Turn it into a firewall/router.

> wife's monitor isn't compatible.

Sure it is. Get the right adapter, and make sure your framebuffer
settings are within range. I assume it's a relatively recent monitor,
not some CGA thing from 1989.

>  She'll end up remote-controlling it from her
> PC using a Windows app, fer crissakes.

And that's bad because...?

---sambo