[rescue] What (dual head) graphics for AIX 4.x?

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 12 17:36:55 CST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> > I believe an R10K wouldn't have any trouble with it either.
> But it has an other disadvantage. It doesn't run AIX. ;-)
> My AIX knowledge == NULL. Using a AIX machine would change this.
> The idea of purchasing an Octane is born out of the greed for such a
> nice machine. But it is still a lot of money even for a R10k machine. It
> would be only a real alternative when a dual head solution for the
> Escala is more expensive than a complete dual head Octane.

Well, let me put it this way:  if you want an RS/6000, there are better
options than PPC.

I have a 233MHz PowerPC 604e-based RS/6K, and (main main desktop
workstation is) a 160MHz POWER2SC-based RS/6K.  The POWER2SC-based is
significantly and noticeably faster than the PowerPC-based one.

Peace...  Sridhar