[rescue] What (dual head) graphics for AIX 4.x?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Jan 12 15:40:29 CST 2003

On 2003.01.12 20:23 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> An R12K Octane would easily stomp all over any smaller PPC-based
> RS/6000. It wouldn't even be a contest.
Hmmm.

> I believe an R10K wouldn't have any trouble with it either.
But it has an other disadvantage. It doesn't run AIX. ;-)
My AIX knowledge == NULL. Using a AIX machine would change this.
The idea of purchasing an Octane is born out of the greed for such a
nice machine. But it is still a lot of money even for a R10k machine. It
would be only a real alternative when a dual head solution for the
Escala is more expensive than a complete dual head Octane.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen