[rescue] Re: Dumpster diving

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 11 10:30:39 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 10:15 AM, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
>> dumpster fenced - bad idea
>> no trespassing sign - bad idea
>> no trespassing sign but you can see sweet hardware in the dumpster -
>> bee
>> fucking carefull
>> government dumpster - hell NO
>> dumpster with many camera's pointed on it - be carefull and prepare
>> to run
>
>   how about a dumpster located near a bank in the middle of a
>   residental area? :)
>
>   Couldn't help myself and grabbed a PS/2 Model 57 and a keyboard. Too
>   bad a lot of the stuff is smashed (the cute IBM monitors, a couple
>   of keyboards).
>
>   Aside from some remaining PS/2 there is one thing that looks like a
>   6U VME chassis with a couple of cards inside. Don't know what it is,
>   has anybody an idea for an appropriate google search?

   Definitely grab the VME chassis...that could be something very cool.
I'd google for the make & model of the chassis, but then search for the
boards separately, since many VME chassis are somewhat generic in
nature.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols