[rescue] Wanted: RS/6000 7012 Accessories

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Tue Jan 7 20:06:47 CST 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 12:00 pm, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> I'm searching for the following items for my recently acquired RS/6000
> 7012:
[.....]
> Serial cable

We've got a buttload of the 10-pin -> DB25 adapters still in the wrapper at
work.  I bet my boss wouldn't mind unloading them to free up closet space :)

> Installation media (the machine has a 3.5 floppy)

As others have said, PLEASE take the time to make a CD-ROM work.  So much more
worth the while.

> Video card (more monitors means more geek!)

I may have some of these, some SCSI F/W Diff cards, and maybe some TR cards
that I could probably snag if I try hard enough.  We've still got a double
buttload of 7012-3xx machines up on a rack in the warehouse just to gather
dust, and maybe a half buttload of 6091-19's (I think) to go with them.
There was talk at one time of doing a quick inventory and throwing them on
Ebay.  Most of the 7012s have no drives (for security, though I still have
the drives in a box somewhere) and I can't guarantee the health of the
6091s... most of the ones you'll find these days are dimmer than dog poo.

Maybe I should revive the Ebat idea.

-E.