[rescue] Octane login wanted...

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Mon Jan 6 17:47:29 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 03:34:30PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
>
> > I don't know if you ca even run a octane headless...
>
> You can--just like you can run any SGI headless.  Tell the PROM to use
> the first serial port instead of the gfx head as the console and/or tell

My understanding is that an Octane will run without a monitor/keyboard
attached.  However, you cannot boot one that does not have a graphics
card installed, from what I have been told.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |