[rescue] Backup question

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Sun Jan 5 09:06:16 CST 2003

I've used ufsdump on things as large as 50gig.  It should do fine as
long as you have all the hardware and kermel stuff for /dev/rmt/st0n set
up right.  It even worked find with multiple tapes although that was a pain.

A good book on the subject is O'Reilly's Unix Backup & Recovery
(Alligator on cover).  Mine had a CD with a few scripts on it that I
didn't use. ;-)

What kind of 8mm?  (I have an Exabyte 8700 external backing up my server.)

Mike Hebel