[rescue] Backup question

Eric Hall jester_123 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 08:18:05 CST 2003

Good morning all,

I'm running a SS Classic as a router/firewall/DNS server, etc. It has
a minimal Sol 7 install with only a / partition. The little beastie
recently ate it's hard drive for dinner, and I spent the better part
of a day re-installing Solaris, Ipfilter, editing all the
configuration files, basically re-doing everything from scratch. While
this did help me brush up on my system admin skills, I'd like to avoid
this hassle in the future.

I have an 8mm tape drive and tapes, so I'd like to make a one tape
easy restore backup. What is the best way to go? ufsdump? Thank you
for your input.

--
Eric Hall
Leavenworth, KS