[rescue] Cheapass MicroFax (sic)

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jan 4 16:37:39 CST 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 15:31, Kay wrote:
> Luckily im not in that list ... my office in the house is Buried in Sun , i
> got piles of LX, Classics, SS4 , SS5,SS20's, a SS1000 , 3 SC2000's , pile
> of Ultra 1's , 1 Ultra 2, Ultra 5, Sun AXI , Sun 4/690 , sun 4/490, Sun
> 4/630 , Sun 4/330 and the List goes on ....

You're doing parallel computing on old Sun stuff or something? :)

> Monitor wise , I got 2 20E20's , 1 20D10 , 2 17E10's , 4 GDM-1604s, 2
> GDM-1662's and a few others...
>
> i still havent been forced to stop collecting .. my other half knows she
> does that , she would have to stop collecting her Book collection...

Most of my monitors are boring pc stuff :-) . An old hercules monochrome
(reeeeaaaaaaaly outworn), a mono vga display (console on the firewall, paid
7,5$ for that + the firewall, a 486), a 15 inch targa (read: crap) which
served as the monitor for my pentium until it was made obsolete by 2 17 inch
Nokia 447Xi's (40$ each, secondhand, that was a nice deal). And then there is
the gdm-1962b which I still didn't get to work - something's still wrong with
the dual head configuration of the radeon card in that box, but I can't work
on it right now, because the mobo of that box died. Need to replace it with
some new athlon-powered thing...

I stuff all this together on a place called "cape canaveral" by the family
:-)))

Frank