[rescue] Sun Sparcserver 1000 question

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Jan 3 18:26:08 CST 2003

Thomas:

You have to find out which card (I'm assuming it has more than one) is
the master. When it first powers on, the left most green LED and the
yellow one should come on. During POST it will flicker between the
right most green LED and the yellow one a few times, then if the yellow
turns off, leaving only the 2 greens then everything is ok. on the
backs of the cards (the front if you're looking from the back) are a
series of LEDs. During POST only the master board is active, it will be
the one with all the LEDs flickering, and the other cards will have a
few LEDs on, but not as many as the master. Find the master, and try
connecting the serial cable to it's A port. Or to get output on the
video card you have to connect up a keyboard, but I'm not real sure if
the keyboard has to be plugged into the master board's keyboard port,
or the one on the card with the video card in it.

Let me know if you need any other help with the SS1000, as I've played
with a few of them (heck, I have quite a few of them at the moment).
On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 11:55 PM, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Okay looks like I was happy to early. The sparcserver
> comes up and all just I dont get no serial consoler nor
> a picture over the video card it has. It does all kinds of
> selftesting I belive and then LED's 1 and 2 stay green.
> On the front there is a green and a orange LED on.
> Any ideas?

-Mike