[rescue] KVM prefs?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Jan 2 23:02:18 CST 2003

Anyone care to throw my way recommendations on a KVM?  I'm familiar with
Belkins, but I hear there is cheaper and better stuff out there.  I'm
currently contemplating a Cybex Switchview (4port ~$80).

I would like to have something that I could use with Linux boxen, Sparcs and
possibly an Indigo2, but I realize the Sun keyboard/mouse conversion would be
the biggest hangup there (for which adapters are available).

My biggest concern is video quality at 1280x1024 and/or 16x12.  What's the
secret to making these resolutions work well?

Eric