[rescue] Attn George Atkins: CLARiiON help

Paul Hortiatis ph009j at mail.rochester.edu
Fri Feb 21 12:43:26 CST 2003

I'm not familar with that model number, but it sounds like what you have is
an HP High Availability SCSI Disk Array, which was made by Clariion, I'm
fairly certian from the firmware code that you have the Sauna Storage
processors, there are diffrent versions of the OS (LIC - Licenced Internal
Code). As far as i know you have to use a functioning machine to coppy the
code onto a disk making it bootable for the system.

One thing to try is to put every drive into one of the booting positions, it
only looks at 4 of the disks, i've had people dell me diffrent things about
where it looks to boot, but it you watch them boot you can see which disks
are spun up and scaned, the disks may not be in the right order. I have been
told by a EMC2 service teck (they now own clariion) that you can not remove
the code from the disks, and any disk that was in a booting position gets
the code put on it.

I have heard that it is important to have the LIC revision match the
firmware revision for the Firmware 8.02, the LIC version is 8.27, it is
posable to update the system if you have the firmware in a file, but inorder
to do so you need to have the array booted properly, and you need the
aproprate software to load the firmware and LIC onto the drive so the array
can update it's self. Ive been trying to get the software to update mine,
either the, i have the firmware immage for the more advanced Storage
processors.

Paul