[rescue] Re: Wanted - Dual (or quad) PPro

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Feb 21 12:02:16 CST 2003

>>IBM makes some *good* x86 boxes.  The quality of the construction and
>>the overall system design is really nice.
>

> Yeah.  They also tend to have bigger-than-average memory bandwidth, which
> is nice.

Funny this should come up. I have a PS/2 server sitting in front of me.
I don't know about thememory bandwidth, but it is pretty well
contructed. It's a microchannel setup with the 486/50 CPU on a separate
board. It has a SCSI controller and a token ring card, 16M of parity
SIMMs and no drives save the floppy.

Worth playing with?? What OS?

--
Steve Sandau