[rescue] NVRAM (was Multia Question)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 20:24:47 CST 2003

--- "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net> wrote:
> Oh... was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anyone writing a
> kernel module/etc to stop the clock on shutdown.  By putting NTP
> on a box and have it doing ntpdate then having the clock keep correct
> time when powered off is not necessary.
>
> Anyone ever hear of anyone doing this ?

Curt, is this what the voices in your head are suggesting you to do? Or
is it the neighbors dog? ;^)

Seriously, the problem would be how to log all the actions that take
place *before* you have a network connection established (stack & all)?
ANd what if you run the system without access to an NTP server? WHat
will the log use for current time, will it just start at the epoch?

=====
Lionel

http://shopping.yahoo.com