[rescue] Re: Re: Small serial terminal

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Feb 18 13:43:31 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> RedHat has stunk since 6.2, as far as I've experienced anyway.  I has
> reservations about Slackware before I started using it - but then decided to
> jump in feet first.  It makes for a *great* server OS for certain tasks.  My
> Linux of choice on desktops/laptops (where you need a GUI) is still SuSE -
> though I haven't seen 8.0 from them, I loved 7.3.

I know a lot of people who really like Suse, but I just can't get over the
fact that you 1) have to buy media for it, and 2) it cones with 7 disks!

I like Slackware - Download the 1 installation cd and go!
If you need something extra, you can easilly compile and install it - or
maybe even find a slack package!

--
-Linc Fessenden