[rescue] Re: Re: SMC truly blows... even on Ultra 1/170

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Feb 14 18:19:25 CST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 nick at snowman.net wrote:

> I've had linux boot on an E3k.. it should work, though linux does not
> scale well past about 8 procs (Linux on 128 procs is slower than linux on
> 4 procs, but that was early 2.4, it is getting better).

Doesn't surprise me. I've never run it on more than 4 processors myself.

> On a solaris note, I know I've asked this before, but what's the package
> w/ man pages called?  I keep forgetting to add it durring install, and
> can never remember which package to add later.

My Sol9 system has:

rnovak at unknown:/> pkginfo | grep -i manual
application SUNWaman       Solaris 9 Reference Manual Collection - HTML
system      SUNWlomm       LOMlite manual pages
system      SUNWman        On-Line Manual Pages
system      SUNWmfman      CDE Motif Manuals
system      SUNWopl5m      Perl 5.005_03 Reference Manual Pages
system      SUNWpl5m       Perl 5.6.1 Reference Manual Pages
system      SUNWtltkm      ToolTalk manual pages

I suspect SUNWman is the main one you'll want.

Rob