[rescue] Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Solaris GUI options...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Feb 8 07:41:07 CST 2003

Robert Novak <rnovak at indyramp.com> wrote:
> I think there's a lot of missed "YMMV" here mixed with a healthy dose
> of TOMA. Either that, or you guys took the wrong pill.
>
> I found a G3 266 with 256mb of ram and Twin Turbo graphics to be quite
> usable for desktop tasks.... the 500mhz iBook even did Office X and a
> couple of web browsers pretty well. And I'm far from an Apple
> apologist. I'd probably still be using my iBook for writing and
> Internet if it had come with a DVD drive.

The Blue and White G3 350 I had with 896 MB of RAM ran OS X like a
*champ*.  I had no problems with the speed of the system, at all.  It
even ran Xdarwin and OpenOffice with acceptable speed - something that
seems to be a favorite targt of speed complaints on a Mac.  All in all,
I really liked that system int he short amount of time that I had it.

Maybe I'm just more patient than a lot of people?

--
Kurt              "My name is James Connolly, I didn't come here to die,
kurt at k-huhn.com    but to fight for the rights of the working man..."