e: [rescue] IBM RS/6k 48P

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Feb 5 19:50:53 CST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 06:49:34PM -0500, Al Potter wrote:
> Um....
>
> It was the BodoMan and he is VERY clueful. John (Bodo) has really taken good
> care of me on a couple of deals, so I feel obligated to come to his defense.

I stand corrected, Al.  Surely you can understand that from that ad,
he did not -appear- to be very clueful .

> He is a master of the cleverly worded ebay listing.  This one brought around
> $150 (IIRC) for a couple of SM100 modules which he listed as "upgrades".

I don't have the text of the ad at hand, so I guess I cannot quote
exactly what he said.

If, as you say, he DID know better, all I can say is that I personally
won't deal with him, as is my right.

I have always gotten further ahead, in the long run, by treating my
customers as best I can, and especially, not gouging them.  (I run a
small web hosting company).

If they pay a premium price over what I think is right, I do things
like give them premium service and usually toss in a few freebies over
the course of the year.

Had I been in BodoMan's shoes, I would have tossed in a 4GB drive or
something.

--Patrick