e: [rescue] IBM RS/6k 48P

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Wed Feb 5 17:49:34 CST 2003

patrick at zill.net said:
> This is an inside joke on the list, where a clueless eBay'er listed
> some ancient Sun stuff with 2 CPUs as a machine capable of "SNMP" .

> The actual quote from his listing was "SNMP Baby!"

Um....

It was the BodoMan and he is VERY clueful. John (Bodo) has really taken good
care of me on a couple of deals, so I feel obligated to come to his defense.

He is a master of the cleverly worded ebay listing.  This one brought around
$150 (IIRC) for a couple of SM100 modules which he listed as "upgrades".

I've known him for a couple of years and talked to him about this auction.
The "SNMP Baby!" was a pretty obvious typo of SMP. He was just as amazed
about the price the modules brought as the rest of us were, but, as he put
it, what's he supposed to do, not take the money?

AL
(Who has plenty of "SNMP Baby!"(tm) SM100 modules available.....)
(	Any takers?)