[rescue] Sun ultra 5 questions

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:25 CST 2003

Mine's a Dimension 8100 as well (P4 1.7, 256 RAMBUS.)  Odd.... i run
with at least five or six tabs open at all times.  Sometimes upwards
of 15.  I'm not usually running much else other than Sylpheed... and
WindowMaker of course.

/KRM

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:37:10 -0500
jdboyd at jdboyd.zill.net wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 02:56:40PM -0500, Kevin wrote:
> > Mozilla and OO both run very well on my craptacular 256meg Dell
> > linux box at work.  Neither OO nor Mozilla are particularly
> > speedy on my Octane with 786megs of RAM.  Firebird is better but
> > could still be faster.
>
> All I know is that I'm sitting in front of a 256meg Dell linux
> machine right now (Dimension 8100), and it ain't pleasant to run
> Mozilla or OO. It spends a lot of time swapping.

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a
cornered badger on amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/