[rescue] Time to replace the IPX

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:23 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 01:00:09PM -0600, Nathaniel Grady wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:34:04 -0500, Mike F Wrote:
> I actually had good luck with Linux/HPPA on my C110. My preference was a
> BSD, but none seemed ready for production use on HPPA. It was running as
> my web/mail server for several months. It never ceased to amaze me just
> how fast the machine was - it seemed faster than my G3-300 Powerbook
> Pismo. The catch is the internal SCSI -- Fast/Wide HVD or boring old

I have a J2240 that gets partway through installation then goes fudgy on me.

I can certainly believe that your C110 would be much faster than your
Pismo.  The memory bus is 66Mhz @ 32 bits wide on the Pismo while you
get 128bits wide/8-way interleave/etc. on the HP.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Web hosting        |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |