[rescue] Sun ultra 5 questions

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:22 CST 2003

> Hi, I'm getting a Ultra 5 system in a few days. It's the slow one,
> about 266 mHz.
>
> I was wondering if you guys could answer a few questions for me:
>
> 1. What memory does it take?

search on memoryx.net, which will tell you the spec.
Watch out, some memory sticks are too tall which means you lose the floppy
bay.

9

> 3. If I want to use it as a multiheaded  X terminal, which video cards
>    will work in it and are supported by Solaris X-Windows.

Ummm, all framebuffers on the HCL will work. Personally I have dual headed
between a PGX32 and the onboard.

> 4. Is there some place I can find a manual to RTFM? or other docs?

sunhelp.org?
there should still be docs on sun.com too.

--
Steven Hill

My other bomb is atomic