[rescue] Time to replace the IPX

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:20 CST 2003

A Sun Ultra 1 170E or 200E would fit your req... excpet you can only
fit one 1.6" SCA drive inside.... (don't know if Sun supported that,
but as I recall, I had a 1.6" height in one bay and an inch height
in the other.

Does have 100Mbit eithernet, Fast Wide SCSI, runs Open or NetBSD, isn't
bad on height, shouldn't be noisy, has "spiffy" RISC arch, and should
fit your budget.

If your lucky, you might be able to dig up an Ultra 2 in your price
range and have future expandability.... although I don't think the
U2 can take 1.6" height SCA drives... at least I never tried...
maybe someone else here can comment.

-- Curt