[rescue] Network aware power switch?

Paul paul at techcenter3000.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:15 CST 2003

Have you looked at your UPS? I've got a 2200VA MGE Pulsar, and it can be
told via serial or network conenction to individually power on/off 4 of the
6 outlets. I used a simple  2 plug 'pigtail' to each of the 4 and each
outlet controls 1 raid+cpu setup.

Since you _might_ already have this, it would be hard to beat the price. For
the cost of some of those 'power controllers', you could probably buy 2
UPS'es with power control. Look into it, you might get extra bang for the
buck.

TTYL
Paul