[rescue] Network aware power switch?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Dec 20 18:08:13 CST 2003

On 2003.11.22 16:05 brooke wrote:

> Anyone know of a network aware power switch? (Something where power
> can be killed/popped on remotely)
Is there a machine near the thing that you want to switch?
I solved this by connectiong the input of a solid state relais to the
DTR line of a terminal server. If I connect to the serial port DTR
becomes active, switching power on via the solid state relais. When I
disconnect DTR gets droped and the power is shut off. You need a solid
state relais because the DTR line doesn't deliver enough power for a
mechanical relais.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen