[rescue] Need scsi cable

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:10 CST 2003

I'm in the process of rescuing a couple of surplus 18.2G drives.  They're
SCA, so one went right into the Octane.  The other is probably destined for
my new PC at work, assuming I can figure out what kind of cable I need and
where to get it.

I've got the 'U160' SCA to 68 pin adapter.  The (internal) connector on the
Dell's motherboard is a 68 pin.  I'm not at all familiar with this style of
connector--it reminds me of a SBUS connector.

What should I be searching for?  VHDCI?  HD68?  Micro-DB68?

newell