[rescue] What did I just find? Radeon 7000?

Nathan Raymond nate at portents.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:09 CST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, N. Miller wrote:

> What's the value of your time spent playing flashing games with other cards?

I spent far more time researching the issue before actually doing it, so
it only took 10 minutes per card.  The 8500 I got was a lucky fluke of the
market, as it is an original ATI Radeon 8500 for the PC which is clocked
higher than the Mac Radeon 8500 or any 9000, 9100, or 9200, and by using
the firmware editor released to change the Mac firmware GPU/memory speeds,
I now have a Radeon 8500 that is faster than the Mac retail 8500 (anyone
else pissed that ATI put lower quality memory on the Mac Radeon 8500?)

> Unless, of course, you intend to do it as a money-making endeavor.

No, just get better price/performance for me than I would otherwise.

--
Nathan Raymond