[rescue] 110VAC --> 208 or 220VAC transformers?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:01 CST 2003

I found out recently that I may be able to run my Auspex NS 7000/700
after all.

The rated capacity on the Auspex is 200-240V @ 16A; however, the VME
card cage has just the bare minimum number of cards, thus I figure
that I could get by with less than 9A.

A converter transformer that will take 18A of 110VAC and convert to
220 with 9A is availble for about $200 from what I am told.  Plus the
cost of wiring into the panel I have.

Does anyone have experience with these sort of things?  Any gotchas I
should watch out for?  I assume that the transformer will for the most
part give me the same quality of 220 as I have of 110 now (i.e. no
weird harmonics or crap like that).

--Patrick