[rescue] Distributed Folding - the Geeks team

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:58 CST 2003

My statement was only as to why some team members dropped out.  Once
again, i have no opinion one way or the other.  If you want to
substantiate this, look in the list archives.

/KRM

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:14:59 -0500 (EST)
Magnus Hedemark <magnus at yonderway.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Kevin wrote:
>
> > Although, i personally haven't paid enough attention to it to
> > have an opinion, as i recall, a number of geeks people ditched it
> > when it became apparent that the distfold people were trying to
> > capitalize on this via copyrights/patents.
>
> Boo, hiss.  do you have any relevant links to substantiate this?
>
> It's somewhat moot for me anyway since most of my home kit doesn't
> seem to have available clients anyway.
>
> There is the OpenMOSIX cluster at $WORK ... the only way I'd be
> able to do that is if there were a command line option to do only
> so many "work units" (or whatever their lingo is) or have an option
> to run for a set period of time and then quit.  Lots of idle cycles
> after hours but I can't have something like this running during

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a
cornered badger on amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/