[rescue] Distributed Folding - the Geeks team

Magnus Hedemark magnus at yonderway.com
Sat Dec 20 18:07:58 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Kevin wrote:

> Although, i personally haven't paid enough attention to it to have an
> opinion, as i recall, a number of geeks people ditched it when it
> became apparent that the distfold people were trying to capitalize
> on this via copyrights/patents.

Boo, hiss.  do you have any relevant links to substantiate this?

It's somewhat moot for me anyway since most of my home kit doesn't seem to
have available clients anyway.

There is the OpenMOSIX cluster at $WORK ... the only way I'd be able to do
that is if there were a command line option to do only so many "work
units" (or whatever their lingo is) or have an option to run for a set
period of time and then quit.  Lots of idle cycles after hours but I can't
have something like this running during regular hours.