[rescue] Can someone do me a favor (fast 'net, CD-burner)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:07:56 CST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> It sounds like it might be easier to switch from F to M than the other way
> around, though.

Yes, I have been able to do that.  Be careful, though, if you build your
own software.  Some of the feature streams introduce low-level features
that autoconf will detect.  If you then revert to the maintenance
stream, the software will cease to work.

> If I have an older F stream installation, and try to apply the 6.5.19M
> update, what problems might I encounter?

Well, software can break like above.

> Conflicts I can't resolve?

Quite possibly.

> Also, how can I tell what I have already installed?

/usr/bin/uname -R

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire