[rescue] Yessssss!! - Yes, he has a mainframe in the living room.

Patrick Finnegan pat at purdueriots.com
Sat Dec 20 18:09:03 CST 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 21:23, Dieter Montanez wrote:
>  just curious .... how heavy is the sucker ...

IBM quotes this one (it's a 9672-RC4... 3way G3) to weigh between
1300lbs and 2000lbs.  Granted, the 2000lbs is for a 2-frame config, and
this is just one frame, but from the amount of force required to lift
it with the 'lever' (aka 2x4) I was using, it was definately in that
range, probably at least 1500lbs.

I'm appreciating living on the ground floor, with a concrete slab under
me.

BTW, If anyone knows things about S/390 HMCs and SEs, drop me a line.
I'm having some trouble getting a valid 'login' for it.  Of course,
I've got some other places to ask, but I'm not sure how far I'll get
there.

And I have a pic or two of my living room, I'll post them sometime
tonight where the other pics are.

Pat

> Seidl, David . wrote:
>
>   He owns it himself, I helped move it into his apartment yesterday.
> It's a heavy bugger, and getting it out of the U-haul was a rather
> interesting experience to say the least - at least the part I was
> able to stay for. If anybody asks, yes, Pat is totally insane, but he
> also makes my computer collection easy to justify ;-)
>
>   Ask him about his PDP-11 collection...
>
>   On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:32:10AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>       (I was waiting to be able to say this...)
>       I my machine trumps yours:
> http://computer-refuge.org/s390/
>
>     Do you personally own this machine, or does it belong to work?
> Work
>
>   systems >don't count. 8-)
>
>   David Seidl  dseidl at purdue.edu

Purdue University ITAP/RCS