[rescue] Sad Solaris geek

Björn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Sat Dec 20 18:09:01 CST 2003

Mike Meredith wrote:

> > We're running several DL380 G3's in production already (40+), and
>
> Well I don't know G3's, but G2's are ok. As for G1's, forget it ... it
> seems you can't do BIOS over serial with them (I'm about to have a shit
> morning caused by a G1 not rebooting properly).

G1's are part of the "old" Compaq line. Not that very impressing.
The G2 line was impressive enough, but when the 3rd gen's came out, it's
top-notch. Heck, I want my Alphas to be that simple, but yet so sturdy
design...
Never had the use for BIOS over serial, but I've seen the option for it
on both the G2 and G3 line of machines.

/Bjorn