[rescue] Looking for Compaq Smart Start CD for Compaq Proliant 1600R

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Dec 20 18:09:00 CST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:43 -0500
Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> I have a Compaq Proliant 1600R that has been sitting idle forever...
>
> I've added a second matching processor (and a VRM (12V input
> vs the original 5V/12V input, but it seems to work OK))....
>
> problem is I'm getting error code 178, and I need to run
> configuration.
>
> Apparantly, that is via the Smart Start CD.... which of course
> I do not have.

Oh wow, man.  About 6 weeks ago I tossed out every SmartStart CD I ever
had, with the exception of one - Proliant 800.  I had at least two of
every kind, and they all went in the trash....  :(

--
Kurt                  The superior man understands what is right;
kurt at k-huhn.com       the inferior man understands what will sell.