[rescue] Looking for Compaq Smart Start CD for Compaq Proliant 1600R

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:59 CST 2003

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600R that has been sitting idle forever...

I've added a second matching processor (and a VRM (12V input
vs the original 5V/12V input, but it seems to work OK))....

problem is I'm getting error code 178, and I need to run configuration.

Apparantly, that is via the Smart Start CD.... which of course
I do not have.

It does not appear that Compaq makes Smart Start CD images available
for download.

Hoping someone here either has an extra CD, or can make an ISO image
of theirs for me.

Stupid me should have grabbed the CD.... when I obtained the computer
I didn't even think about the funky Compaq nuances (that always made
me hate Compaq).

-- Curt