[rescue] IRIS Crimson for Sale on eBay

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:54 CST 2003

As I recall, 'Andrew Weiss' wrote:
> Ummm why don't you immediately withdraw all Paypal payments...?
>
> They can't take money from your bank account can they?

They probably can if you tie a bank account to your paypal
account, which paypal keeps trying to get me to do.  Guess
why I haven't done it?  I also don't have my debit card tied
to paypal.  Just the credit card.  If paypal ever pulled this
crap on me and tried to take back a payment by charging
it to my card, a quick call to my credit card company would
stop it.  I think perhaps I'll generate a unique credit card
number just for paypal.  Citibank lets me generate credit
card numbers with spending limits, time limits, or for single
payees that are tied to my actual credit card number but not
the same number.  I haven't used that feature much, but a friend
who buys and sells a lot of equipment through his business uses
it all the time, especially the spending limit one.  Occasionally
vendors will try to increase a quoted price or tack on handling
charges.

-DanD

# Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
# Albert Einstein