[rescue] Did I kill the octane?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Dec 20 18:08:48 CST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Scott Newell wrote:

> I didn't.  Read the owner's guide before I got mine, so I was aware of the
> connector issues.

Okay, that's good.  The compression connectors really are as fragile as
everyone says they are.

> Some time back (6 months ago?) I _may_ have accidentally touched one while
> installing memory.  Seems like I saw the faint outline of a fingerprint on
> the connector, but the system was fine afterwards.

That's okay, then.

> If they're this fragile, it really makes me think twice about spending $ on
> a replacement.

Try removing the power cord from the system for a few minutes and try
booting up again.  Occasionally that power circuit gets wedged and
confused the tar out of the rest of the system.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire