[rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:47 CST 2003

shannon at widomaker.com said:
> If you are afraid of the real deal,

I'm not, at all.... too many years around them for fear.  But having a
discussion with the ATF or some other TLA about whether or not something is
legal, particularly when it comes down to THEIR judgement in many of these
cases, is not something I am interested in doing, particularly in this day
and age.

> PVC pipe can be made into some
> interesting potato cannons.

Yes.....  I've gotten started a couple of times, and every time I get
sidetracked, and don't finish.  I really would like to build something like
a field piece, with a recoil mechanism and a precise elevation mechanism,
that would facilitate accurate, repeatable marksmanship.  Most of what other
folks are building seems to be more of a variation of a shoulder-fired
cannon.

And for the inquiring minds, there is a written ruling from ATF floating
around that PVC spud guns are NOT firearms.....

AL