[rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Janet L. Campbell janet at foonly.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:46 CST 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Why does overcompensation for anything have to come into it?

The stereotypical "gun toting beer swillers" have something to prove.  If
they have something to prove, it means they aren't sure enough of
themselves.  Q.E.D.

Now, those who collect, target shoot, hunt *responsibly* and keep firearms
for defense are a different category entirely.  I don't own a sidearm, but
I feel a lot better knowing that a lot of law-abiding, responsible people
do have them.  The genie is out of the bottle, and trying to put it back
in and pretend that you can really eliminate something just by making it
difficult or illegal is foolish, at least in the USA.  Other countries are
different in a number of ways.

> > I don't particularly like guns.  Cannon, on the other hand, are a great
                              ^^^^
I really should have said, "sidearms".

> I'm still half-owner of a 3/4-scale 6-pdr, essentially a VMI cadet gun,
> which I used to be gunnery sergeant on with the Norfolk Light Artillery
> Blues when I re-eneacted with the NCWA.

What's that come out to, about 42mm?  That sounds like a nice piece.
There's something really cathartic about firing something like that,
especially after another week of sysadminning.

-Janet