[rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:39 CST 2003

On Dec 5, 2003, at 9:06 AM, Rob Fielding wrote:
> I'm sure if you bought an Octane, it would probably already have
> something better than 175MHz in it .... Still $15 dollars shipped, you
> could err on the side of caution.  Your cpu module just might just
> break - then again I've seen how the 250 and dual 250 are built, and
> would probably survive being shot. Perhaps, if you're an american,
> you'd like to shoot it with something and take pictures. Probably more
> interesting than using it to compute something anyway.

   You know, I just passed this in my mail spool again, and it pissed me
off again.

   Generalizations suck.  Our government is a big bunch of assholes, and
we have a lot of gun-toting rednecks that get stiff over the ancient
technology of hurling little bits of lead around.  But that doesn't
mean we're all like that.

   Especially people here.  You can generally expect a little better in
this type of crowd.  Or, at least I did, until today.

         -Dave