[rescue] Octane R10K/175 CPU module available

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:38 CST 2003

I'm an American and i do like to shoot crappy CPU's.  A MIPS unit
though wouldn't fit the bill regardless of mhz and cache.

Maybe a Cyrix 586, P4, P75 or P60, or any Itanium....

/KRM

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:06:04 +0000
Rob Fielding <rob at dsvr.net> wrote:

> Joost van de Griek wrote:

> >>Now if only I had an Octane to put it in...
> >

> > You could buy it, just in case...
>
> I'm sure if you bought an Octane, it would probably already have
> something better than 175MHz in it .... Still $15 dollars shipped,
> you could err on the side of caution.  Your cpu module just might
> just break - then again I've seen how the 250 and dual 250 are
> built, and would probably survive being shot. Perhaps, if you're an
> american, you'd like to shoot it with something and take pictures.
> Probably more interesting than using it to compute something
> anyway.
>
> --
>
> Rob Fielding
> rob at dsvr.net
>
> www.dsvr.co.uk              Development             Designer

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a
cornered badger on amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/